
OK, I know what some of you are thinking: why in the world do you care about a Kinect game that has you dancing around your living room with furry Sesame Street characters? Yes, "Once Upon A Monster" is a licensed game based on a PBS children's show. Yes, it's primarily geared towards an audience that's likely much younger than you. But here's why you should care: this game is genuinely fun, filled with Double Fine's trademark humor, and is officially a part of an unfortunately diminutive number of games that have me excited about Kinect.
If you think about it, a Sesame Street game really isn't much of a stretch for the Double Fine team. To be fair, when Warner Bros. announced "Once Upon A Monster" back in February, if the "Brutal Legend" developer's name wasn't attached I may not have even given it a second look. Double Fine's games have always been full of lighthearted – yet somehow simultaneously highbrow – humor, and I'm pleased to report their design influence is very apparent in this new Kinect title.
0 comments:
Post a Comment