Flag Day: Happy Birthday, Old Glory!

Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Flag Day: Happy Birthday, Old Glory!

I love this day, and not because it's my birthday. The flag was adopted on this day, June 14th, Flag day -- and what will always be considered mankind's crowning achievement, the American experiment, had its symbol, the icon of singular achievement, a government by the people, for the people, of the people. Individual rights had finally triumphed over serfdom, collectivism, and enslavement. Men were free at last.
Hallelujah!
When I was speaking and meeting with folks in Florida, the organizers of the Sunday event, Johana Von Hohenzollern of Any Street, Ginger  Eisenrod and Ginny, surprised me with this birthday cake. I was overwhelmed. I had never met these good and fine people before, but here they were, making me a birthday party. Believe me, it doesn't get any better than this.
G-d bless America. And yes, I am old glory, too :)
DSC00571

0 comments:

Post a Comment