VA: It adds to the timeless feel and universality of the piece. Has the experience with this film

Saturday, 12 May 2012

VA: It adds to the timeless feel and universality of the piece. Has the experience with this film taken any different paths than with your first film, CARAMEL? Has there been a huge difference between the two?
“Yes. Now that I look back, CARAMEL was a piece of cake compared to this. It was much more intimate - less actors. We were shooting right next to my home, so I could go back and sleep in my bed. Here we had to live in far away places. It was an amazing experience because you get to live as a family for 2 months. You are together all the time. You share the same hotels. You share the same food. But it was much more difficult to have so many more actors. Some times I had to do scenes with 100 actors, most of them non-professional actors. You can imagine, they don’t have any discipline. They don’t know what an actor is supposed to do in a situation. You need to organize all that.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment