VA: How long did it take to film the movie?never enough money. There’s never enough time. You have to make this whole village come to life which is sometimes working with 100 people at the same time. None of them professionals. That was the hardest part, I think. You have to adapt to each and every one’s personality. These people can not memorize a sentence. They can’t do the same take twice. They have to be open. But this is what I like about it. I need to believe as a filmmaker that this could have happened, it could have been true. This person could have reacted in that way or could have said this sentence in this way. That’s why I don’t ask them to memorize a lot. I explained the situation to them. I try as much as I can to adapt to their personality. So there’s a lot of improvisation and it’s hard for the technical crew to follow. This was hard for me also. You feel alone like you’re the only person that knows exactly what’s happening. I’m also acting with them. Even some times the technical crew doesn’t know if I’m giving instructions or if I’m acting because they aren’t Lebanese and don’t know. The whole thing is chaotic but it’s an organized chaos that works for me.”never enough money. There’s never enough time. You have to make this whole village come to life which is sometimes working with 100 people at the same time. None of them professionals. That was the hardest part, I think. You have to adapt to each and every one’s personality. These people can not memorize a sentence. They can’t do the same take twice. They have to be open. But this is what I like about it. I need to believe as a filmmaker that this could have happened, it could have been true. This person could have reacted in that way or could have said this sentence in this way. That’s why I don’t ask them to memorize a lot. I explained the situation to them. I try as much as I can to adapt to their personality. So there’s a lot of improvisation and it’s hard for the technical crew to follow. This was hard for me also. You feel alone like you’re the only person that knows exactly what’s happening. I’m also acting with them. Even some times the technical crew doesn’t know if I’m giving instructions or if I’m acting because they aren’t Lebanese and don’t know. The whole thing is chaotic but it’s an organized chaos that works for me.”
0 comments:
Post a Comment