: The film’s message is delivered in such a clever and creative way. On the surface it says,

Saturday, 12 May 2012

“War is bad,” and yet there is another layer that’s very comical and there’s a nice balance of drama and humor there. Was that something you were conscious about when you were writing the script or did that happen naturally?
“I think somehow it did happen naturally. When you start writing you don’t say, ‘I’m going to make a film. We’re gonna laugh and cry at the same time.’ I think humor becomes something that’s very, very efficient. It’s important for the film. When you have humor, it does create a distance and it does make you feel. When you laugh about your flaws, I think you start the healing process. It was important to make the reasons why we make war ridiculous. To tell people, ‘look how we are reacting.’ I think the humor does give you this perspective. At some point you have to have tragedy because it’s not all comedy. At one point it does get serious. It does come naturally.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment